PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MILTON POOLS FISHERY IS PRIVATE PROPERTY, PLEASE EITHER SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN THE SHOP, OR ON THE INTERCOM (LOCATED ON THE RIGHT OF THE SHOP DOOR) BEFORE PROCEEDING ON TO THE FISHERY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FISHERY REMAINS OPEN, HOWEVER THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED BETWEEN THE 13 – 24 OCTOBER 2019 (SO UNFORTUNATELY NO BOOKINGS WILL BE ABLE TO BE TAKEN)
LAKE CLOSURES DUE TO MATCHES FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER
SUNDAY 27 OCTOBER. LENS MATCH LAKE
SUNDAY 10 NOVEMBER. LENS MATCH LAKE
SATURDAY 16 NOVEMBER. KIDNEY LAKE
SUNDAY 17 NOVEMBER. LENS MATCH LAKE
SUNDAY 24 NOVEMBER. LENS MATCH LAKE
It’s clear that some people are in need of a reminder of what is expected from you guys fishing here at Milton! We never ask for much but one of our main rules are for you to take care of our fish NEVER stand holding one NEVER walk whilst holding one ALWAYS use an unhooking mat if these things are not followed you will be told to leave immediately!
We don’t like having a moan but the welfare of the fish is our main priority
For example, I’m working in the shop and I look out to see a gentleman fishing on the house lake on swim 9 with a large fish held up high whilst standing, the next minute the fish had been dropped then picked back up and dropped again, I then phoned my colleague and he went over and asked if he knew what he did was wrong, all the response he gave was I only fish a couple of times a year ( this is no excuse ) told to leave immediately
CAFE – PLEASE NOTE THE CAFE HAS NOW CLOSED AND WILL NOT BE RE-OPENING – WE APOLOGISE TO ALL OUR REGULARS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO LACK OF SUPPORT THIS HAS NOT BECOME VIABLE TO CONTINUE
ANY VISITORS MUST REPORT TO THE SHOP OR MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN USING THE INTERCOM ON THE SHOP DOOR BEFORE PROCEEDING ONTO THE FISHERY. ANY VISITORS THAT ARE NOT STAYING MUST VACATE THE PREMISES BY 7PM. THE GATES ARE CLOSED BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 7PM AND 7:30AM DURING WHICH TIME NO VISITORS ARE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE FISHERY, ANYONE CAUGHT DOING SO WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY, THIS INCLUDES ANYONE CLIMBING OR PUSHING ON THE GATE. THIS IS AN ELECTRIC AND MAGNETISED GATE, HOWEVER DUE TO PEOPLE PUSHING ON THE GATE IT DOES NOT ALWAYS CONNECT FULLY LEAVING A SMALL GAP, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE GATE IS OPEN, AS STATED PREVIOUSLY THE GATES ARE CLOSED BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 7PM AND 7:30AM.
POLITE NOTICES – FOR ALL ANGLERS
- IF THERE IS NOBODY AT THE SHOP WHEN YOU ARRIVE, PLEASE USE THE INTERCOM ON THE SHOP DOOR FOR ASSISTANCE!
- A form is required for you as a parent / guardian to sign for any minor who enters this fishery if the child is fishing or not, this form is just basically stating that your child won’t/ can’t be more than 10ft away from you at all times and that we take no responsibility for your child.
- Fishing ticket are cash only and has been since may 2015, we do have a card machine but is only available for shop purchase. ( Bait & Tackle )
- on arrival please ensure that you speak to the member of staff on duty in the shop or on the intercom next to the shop door.
UNDER 16 YEARS OLD!
- Can only fish Lens Match Lake & Kidney Lake and must be accompanied by an ADULT ANGLER AT ALL TIMES ( Over 21 years of age ) PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOUR CHILD MAY USE TWO RODS, THIS REQUEST WILL BE DENIED, ONE ROD ONLY FOR UNDER 16’S ONLY!
OVER 16 YEARS BUT UNDER 18 YEARS OLD!
- May fish the House Lake, Lens Match Lake and Kidney Lake unaccompanied. NOT the Specimen Lake (including being accompanied by an adult angler)
OVER 18 YEARS OLD!
- May fish any Lake.
NOTICE – FOR THE GENERAL ATTENTION OF ALL ANGLERS
Milton Pools has a strict policy on the use of barbed or micro-barbed hooks. This rule has been put in place to maintain the welfare of all of our fish and as such, has been in place, even prior to our takeover of the fishery in 2002. This along with the use of no zig rigs or surface fishing, has allowed us to offer fish in good condition for all anglers to fish for.
As everybody is aware, all anglers are reminded of our 4 main rules upon purchasing a ticket, these are:
- All anglers must have a landing net and unhooking mat which must be dipped in the sterilization tank outside the shop door prior to purchasing a ticket and before entering onto the fishing lakes.
- Barbless Hooks only, the use of barbed or micro-barbed hooks is strictly prohibited
- Total ban on the use of all surface fishing and zig rigs
- No floating baits including the use of bread
There are also a number of signs which highlight these rules again and are placed throughout the fishery. Therefore there is no excuse for anyone who is caught breaking any of these rules and therefore anyone caught disobeying these rules will be asked to leave immediately and as stated in our rules, no refunds will be given.
We would like to highlight a prime example of anglers who chose to break one of these rules. Two anglers who were fishing the Specimen Lake for what was supposed to be a 48 hour session, were rig checked the morning after their arrival on the Saturday morning, to which we discovered they were using micro-barbed hooks. The angler, which as stated in our rules, was asked to leave the premises immediately with no refund given. He then CHOSE to feign ignorance, saying he had no idea what a barbless hook was, however he knew EXACTLY what a micro-barbed hook was. Also we would like to point out that if he was uncertain, which he was not, he could have asked in the shop when he was advised of the main rules. He then persisted to try and get a refund, even though it is stipulated that a violation of any of our rules voids any refund of any kind. We would later receive an e-mail threatening to bad-mouth Milton Pools Fishery in every publication possible, even though they were the individuals in the wrong. Following this incident and after a conversation with our solicitors who made us aware that should this happen we would be in a position to take legal action for libel and loss of earnings.
We would also like to point out that another angler who was found to have left his rods unattended, also left the fishery (again, no refund was given).
We chose to highlight this event to make clear to ALL ANGLERS who visit Milton Pools Fishery, that our rules are put in place for the safety and welfare of our fish and anyone in violation of these rules will be asked to leave and will void any right to a refund and any cause for complaint.